While Treasure Map quests probably weren't the reason God of War: Ragnarok was nominated for the 2022 Steam Awards as well as Game of the Year at the Game Awards, that doesn't mean they aren't a series of fun side quests that culminate in valuable items. However, these quests can vary in difficulty, with some of them being dozens of steps long. For example, the guide below will explain the Mining Glory Treasure Map side quest, starting with how to begin the quest and showing where to find some sweet loot.
How to complete Mining Glory in God of War Ragnarok
How to find the Mining Glory Treasure Map in God of War Ragnarok
Before you can find the treasure Mining Glory offers, first you must find its Treasure Map. You need to have the Draupnir Spear to do so, so be sure to get that first. The steps below will walk you through finding the map:
- First, head to Nidavellir and then to Nidavellir Town.
- Head to the end of Nidavellir Town and find the pillar with golden smoke coming out of it. It should be on your right, and you might be able to see a chest on top of it.
- Use your Draupnir Spear on the smoking point to give you a place to jump.
- Jump on the spear and then jump up onto the ledge.
- Behind the chest, there should be a Treasure Map on the ground that starts the Mining Glory quest.
How to find the Mining Glory treasure in God of War Ragnarok
The next step will be using the Mining Glory Treasure Map to locate the buried treasure at the end of this side quest. Buckle up, because this part of the quest features a lot of steps:
- First, head to the Mystic Gateway fast travel point in Aurvangar Wetlands.
- Take the ferry to Sverd Sands and descend the elevator into The Applecore below.
- Once out of the elevator, head down the path to the right until you find a Rope Frame.
- Use the Rope Frame to create a zipline and then use said zipline.
- At the end of the zipline, drop down the ledge in front of you and head right.
- Head straight down this path until you reach the smoking wall at the end.
- Use the Draupnir Spear on the smoke point to create another jump point.
- Jump up and head forward until you find a glowing boulder. Use the spear on the boulder to destroy it.
- Down the path, there will be a dead end, but you can use the Chaos Blades to swing across it.
- At the end of the path, there will be a golden chain. Kick it and descend to the floor below but be ready for a Troll boss fight if you haven't been here before.
- Once you defeat the troll, look for the crawlspace in the room and head into it.
- Once you make it out, head into the room and open the large double doors.
- Through these doors, immediately head right. You should see a wall with a drop that you can hug to walk across.
- Once past this, follow the path and keep left. Use your Chaos Blades to jump across the gap ahead.
- Follow the spiral path around, ignoring the first dropdown on the right. You want to take the second dropdown with the bridge.
- When you land on the bridge, immediately turn 180 degrees. Ahead, you'll see a left and right path. Take the right path.
- Head down this path and ignore the first opening you see before taking the second opening on the right. The buried treasure will be right past this opening on the ground!
Want more information on God of War: Ragnarok? Check out How to get Hardened Remnants in God of War Ragnarok and How to get Glowing Embers in God of War Ragnarok from Pro Game Guides!