Although it's technically a shooter, Splatoon is a franchise full of weapons players won't find in other shooters. Examples of these would be close-quarter weapons like Rollers and Ink Brushes. While these weapons have similar functions, the Ink Brush is a little special since it can seriously disorient an enemy up close. This is almost the perfect weapon for a hyper-aggressive player.
Splatoon 3 Brush Strengths
Brushes are front-line weapons in Splatoon 3, meaning it needs to be up close to their enemy to get value. Ink Brush users deal damage by wagging the brush back and forth, spraying ink in many directions. As such, it's a great weapon for modes like Turf War since it covers the map in ink. Although getting kills is always appreciated, some players forget that the objective of Turf War is getting the most ink on the ground. Here is where something like a Brush is appreciated since it can cover lots of ground quickly.
- provides a nearly guaranteed kill if it gets close
- inks the ground well for modes like Turf War
- can swish back and forth to obscure the enemy's vision
Splatoon 3 Brush Weaknesses
Like all close-quarter weapons, the Brush has abysmal range. It will lose to mid-range weapons like the N Zap or Splattershot Pro if they meet in open space. Therefore, it's best for Brush users to stay submerged under the ink most of the time. That way, they can swim into enemy lines and surprise long-range enemies.
- Needs to be up close to do work
- Loses to long-range guns
- Needs a lot of stealth to be played well
Splatoon 3 Brush Weapons
Octobrush (Level 4)
- Suction Bomb: An explosive that can stick to any surface. Once it's placed, it will detonate after a few seconds.
- Zipcaster: Allows the user to grab onto a far away wall, damaging enemies on impact.
Inkbrush (Level 7)
- Splat Bomb: a small explosive that can travel a fairly far distance. After it lands, it will wait a couple of seconds before detonating.
- Killer Wail 5.1: Summons six speakers around the user. All speakers will shoot beams of ink, some of which will follow a specific target, while others will spread out. The ink beams can splat enemies from behind walls.
Need more Splatoon 3 guides? Check out Pro Game Guides for the 8 best early game weapons to unlock.